Has anyone else been thinking that it’s almost summer? Spring is halfway over already?!
One ingredient that has always tempted me are figs. My mum used to have the Fig cookies. I think this year I am going to manage to make it to the farmer’s markets and really explore there offerings, I know there is one in Union square every week.
I’ve hardly made any summer recipes these past few years, especially with being in kitchens most of my life…
With that being said, I’ll try to make the rest of this post short so I can finish my work then make an effort to get outside for a bit this afternoon to enjoy the sunshine 🙂
So below is a few ideas to tempt your summer-ness out!!
Try having a nice ICED COLD CDB COFFEE recipes to come…..
Below are a few Recipes to take your CBD Beverage that one step further …
And if adventurous, a few simple recipes for infusing our coffee into other every day delights
CBD COFFEE FIG COMPOTE
- 1 1/4 c. brewed CBD Flower Power coffee
- 7 oz. pkg. dried mission figs, stems removed and figs quartered
- 1/4 c. honey (preferably local)
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. cardamom
- 1/8 t. cloves
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. orange zest
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the coffee, figs, honey, spices and orange zest. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove figs from pan. Simmer liquid an additional 5 minutes, uncovered, over medium heat until reduced and syrupy. Combine figs and syrup and allow to cool to room temperature on the counter. Then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Post your pictures to our Facebook page and we shall send you a little something to brighten your day!